Hello I thought I’d share the books I picked up at WorldCon
- Mort by Terry Pratchett
- Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
- The Poppy War by RF Kuang
- Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
- Sabrina Season Of The Witch by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill
- The Fairy’s Tale by FD Lee
- The Painted Man 10th Anniversary Illustrated Edition by Peter V Brett
- Sanctuary by V.V. James
- Paper Girls Vol 5 by Brian K Vaughan
- I Hate Fairyland Vol 2 by Skottie Young
- Monstress Vol 2 by Marjorie Liu
- Dark Dawn by Jay Kristoff ARC
- The Girl and The Stars by Mark Lawrence ARC
I’m very happy with the books I got and was very happy to get a few of them signed.
I couldn’t resist the Terry Pratchett hardbacks, I have wanted to get both of these for a while so they had to come home with me, just look at those covers 😍
The Harper Voyager Stand has some giveaways and offers on and on one of the days if you bought a book you got an arc with it so I picked up Red Sister by Mark Lawrence and got my hands on The Girl and The Stars which comes out next year.
It was next to impossible to get a copy of Dark Dawn but on the Sunday someone posted in the group that they won a copy of it and DIDN’T WANT IT as they hadn’t read the others so the first person to find them in the games room could have it, well I tell you I grabbed the kids and we ran!!
So thrilled to get my hands on, here’s myself and Hedwig pouring over it. Haven’t had time to read it as I’ve been away but today is the day!! Do your worst Mister Kristoff 💀
Abigail bought four books, one a day and managed to have each one finished by the end of the day. They’re all from the same author Raina Telgemeier and she picked them up on the recommendation of Bruno at The Big Bang stall who was really helpful. She’s looking forward to more of these books and visiting The Big Bang Shop.
I thought I picked up more books than this but as I was carrying most of them around on the one day it felt like enough, my back and shoulder still hasn’t recovered from the weight of them! Happy with what I got though should keep me going for a while.