Hello and Happy New Year!
I took a nice bit of a blogging break in December, took a bit longer than planned but I was sick with Laryngitis before Christmas and didn’t have much motivation to do anything other than read, which is not a bad thing. I thought it would be nice to do a little round-up of some of my favourite moments from the year, always good to highlight the positive.
- First up was the snow in March it was amazing we hadn’t seen that level of snow in quite a few years and was the first time our youngest got to see proper snow and build a snowman, so build a snowman we did and of course it was Olaf! I even wrote a little poem about it The Snow Came.
- A big thing to happen in our house was our eldest turned 10, that’s 10 years of parenting successfully achieved, the small one then went on to turn 8 and I was proud of that too. Another poem was needed 10 Years.
- We had a big referendum in Ireland to appeal the 8th amendment, I’m sure even those of you outside of Ireland heard all about it as it made headlines around the world. It was my first time ever to vote and I was very proud of myself for doing so as someone who is allergic to filling in forms and generally can’t handle new situations I went and bloody did and we Repealed!
- I got two new tattoos this year.. on the same day.. on the same arm!! Sure why not, and I love them.
- After our freezing spring we had a meltingly hot summer with a heat wave that lasted forever and I’m just super impressed that I managed to survive it, even managed to get out and enjoy it (we’ll make the most of an uncomfortable situation at least!)
- I went to see my first proper big football match in the Aviva and got to see Arsenal beat Chelsea, that was great fun the atmosphere was fantastic.
- I went to Octocon for the first time with my Aunty Gwen and I had the best time, you can read all about it here, here and here!
- One of the biggest highlights of the year was winning at the Blog Awards, I must have been up on cloud 9 for weeks afterwards.
- I went to the annual Rick O’Shea Book Club Xmas party for the second year in a row and had a fantastic time, met Dave Rudden again and got my book signed, met up with some of our lovely Octocon friends and met Eoin Colfer who signed some Artemis Fowl books for my girls.
- And lastly I was thrilled to achieve some personal goals that I had set out for my blog at the start of the year and I also surpassed my Goodreads challenge. I set myself a goal of 60 books after managing 49 last year I wanted to push myself a bit more and I only went and read 100!! Delighted!
So I ended my year on a book high after having some fantastic moments, here’s to another good year with lots to look forward to.